More goodness than un-good...

Today is a day of more good than un-good, for wanting of a better term.

We took the kids out to a movie at our favourite theatre in 1U – watched ‘Night at the Museum 2’. True to its critics, this sequel to NATM is better and more hilarious, with little resemblance to its predecessor. The kids had fun and so did we the grown ups.

The movie started at 2pm which meant we had a good 2 hours to have lunch and perform our zuhur prayers. As a treat to Raziq, a pre-birthday celebration, we left the choice of restaurant to him. And so it was at The Gardens we sat and enjoyed a sumptuous luncheon amidst ‘lush greeneries and wild flowers’, all plastic, of course.

We were served by Laila – superb and fantastic service indeed. The others, including the Floor Supervisor (I assume) also ensured we were served and waited on. I noticed this superb level of service is standard for every patron is treated the same. Laila was such a fantastic service provider that we ended up ordering dessert even though I had not particularly budgeted for that!

The ambience of The Garden really made us felt like we were at a garden wedding; who would believe this place is in fact on the lower ground level of a shopping mall, nestled behind some known labels.

After the movie, Raihanah and I went shopping for linen to be given as a wedding gift. Again, we were treated like royalty by the sales assistant who, from his physical appearance, should be resting at home playing with his grandchildren and not here, attending to people like me. Because of his warmth and friendly nature, I ended up buying more than what I had planned.

Ahhh…all good things must come to an end. This string of ‘goodness’ ended with deplorable service from a very rude store-owner where my children had walked in to buy computer games. Original ones, mind you.

I guess the store-owner didn’t think we could afford the more than RM150 games sold at her shop…well, pardon me for not carrying my original designer hand-bag. But after spending more than RM200 on lunch, what is RM150 for a computer game, eh?

Comments

Popular Posts