It feels like the pits...

My jubilant mood on getting word that payment for some jobs I had done turned turtle just as fast. It seemed the end clients were not thrilled with what I had produced. Now that was, is, a balloon deflated.

I had been concerned and anxious with the assignments – I suspected some of what I had done may not meet clients’ expectations. But to have one of the assignments totally rejected…well, that certainly is enough to more than bruise one’s ego.

Another one of the assignment I’ve been told is being reviewed and revamped here and there. Which part or section exactly – I wasn’t informed. It did not help that I was only told of this when I text message the middle party for notifying me of my payment.

Somehow, it didn’t feel right; that I was not told of what or where I did ‘wrong’, and that I was not given the opportunity to correct what might have been my ‘wrong-doing’. The manner of this all seemed so ‘wham bam thank you, maam’.

And I do feel so bad, a tight knot in my tummy in fact, thinking that this could have an adverse impact on the career of the parties that got me the assignments.

For now, I can only pray that everything will turn out right. Eventually. Hopefully. For everybody. Don’t I always believe that everything happens for a reason?

Comments

Popular Posts