This is the way

I always benchmark this American bank for excellent customer service - touch and tech-wise. And I have yet to be disappointed.

Last week, I finally decided to fully utilise and activate my account, on-line. Everything went well until I got to the part where I had to verify my personal details. I completed the blank boxes as specified, or so I thought. Somewhere along the line, I must have misunderstood one of the requirements and incorrectly filled in that particular box. My submission could not be accepted as one of my particulars did not match what they had in their database...after the third attempt, my account was deemed "locked".

I wrote to their customer care and sent that via e-mail, using their normal e-mail address. Their web-site cautioned customers against disclosing confidential information such as account numbers, credit limits and such for security reasons when using this e-mail. They offerred other options of communication for such issues. Since my query was not of a confidential or personal nature, I threw caution to the wind and typed out my account number as the subject matter - how else could they help me with my query otherwise?

Within 24 hours, one of their customer care personal replied my e-mail. I felt appreciated for the e-mail was signed off with a name and designation of a real person; not "xxx company Customer Care"...the reply was a mix of a standard reply format, added with one specific to my general query. She also reminded me about disclosing my account number in my e-mail to their general e-mail address.

I wasn't clear on her response hence I replied to her reply, asking for further clarification. I got her feedback by end of the day - quick and efficient, yet still maintaining the warmth in the composition.

And yes, I got my answer.

Comments

Popular Posts