Signs of time

I have begun to feel “unsettled” again these past few months. Somewhat similar to that feeling 3 years ago when our household’s financial situation was at its worst. And this time it has got to do with money, too.

And so it was that I began to apply for jobs that come my way via this free on-line job search company (of which I had not de-register when I decided 5 years ago to start my own business). Of course, I had been very selective and only applied for jobs that I know I would be able to perform well at. And of course, jobs that are of interest to me, in fields that I am passionate about.

This morning I received the monthly summary of my application status from the on-line company. This is part of their service to their customers, one which I appreciate. Because of my feelings, I always asked God for signs, clearly defined ones, every time I respond to a job vacancy. Signs if I should proceed with what I am doing, signs that if the job I applied for will be good for me body and soul, then let it be mine.

And in this morning’s summary of this company, there listed beside all my three applications made in the month of August 2008, were the status of my applications. “Unsuccessful”…what clearer signs could I ask for?

Comments

Popular Posts