High tech less high touch

Two days ago, I received a reply to an e-mail enquiry I had sent the sole supplier of some food supplements. This sole distributor is based in Singapore and distributes a food supplement from herbs that I found to be working for me. I bought a few bottles of the herbal supplement during one of those international trade exhibitions held in Kuala Lumpur, after being informed that the products then were only sold in Singapore.

Now, my e-mail enquiry was made when I began consuming the last bottle and I wanted to find out if they already have a local distributor appointed. They replied, to apologise for the delay in responding to me and to inform me that they have yet to appoint a Malaysian agent.

Now, their reply would not have been such an issue to me had it not been for the fact that my enquiry was made in July of last year! And I thought that e-mails were the fastest and most cost efficient way to communicate and maintain relations with your clients...

Did I mention that they were willing to deliver the supplements to me, all the way from Singapore, at a discount with some charges added in for freight?

Comments

Popular Posts