...and when the third one comes a-calling...

I heard somewhere or from someone, bad news always comes in threes. Am not sure if the bad news should come in the same day, or if they should flow in over a specific period or how...what I do know is that they must be the type that will shock you of your pants, skirts, boots and whatever else held tightly on your being.

In any case, I have already utislised my quota of bad news, for the time being anyway.

The first was a real bummer shocker, and although the news was pertaining to my husband specifically, it rippled out to the rest of the family members. That piece of news was a stand-alone and gave us some time to digest and consider options to face that. We were expecting the news anyway, yet when it did materialise...well, was still a bummer in our lives.

The second and third came knocking on our doors in the same day ~ one in the morning and the second, in the afternoon. I wasn't prepared for that, to be double dosed in one day. And they couldn't have come at a better time. Already I was feeling rather low and miserable for some reasons. And to be hit twice with unpleasantries...one can only imagine how much lower my emotions dropped.

I needed time alone so I practically "locked" myself in my own self. Doesn't make sense? Well, I can't lock myself in my room since I share that with Hanafy. And the kids come in to solat in our room whenever we are home. So how do I be alone at home? I decided to just keep to myself the rest of the day and night, laying on the bed in total darkness. And let the tears run freely down my face...all the bottled up emotions suddenly seemed to open up a flood gate of tears that even I didn't know about until then.

And how did the rest of the family reacted? Hanafy respected my need for "aloneness" and crept in and out of the room when he needed to. Raihanah, too...she kept to her room most of the time. Raziq? Well, being mummy's boy, he just can't leave me all alone or fathom that mummy doesn't want to talk to anybody, and especially him. I sensed him walking in and out of the room several times, pausing at the end of the bed, coming over to me and quietly rubbing my head, my arms and dropping little kisses on my face.

Then just as quietly, he assured me that things will be okay, mummy...

Comments

Popular Posts