Hijrah in every sense

Monday, 29 December 2008 coincided with 1 Muharram of the new Hijrah year of 1430. It was a day the family will remember for a long time.


True to the meaning of Hijrah (Migration), the time for one to assess oneself and resolve to migrate to be better, this particular Hijrah day for me at least, really hit the nail on the head.


Mum had a heart condition referred to as angina...and that scared the hell out of me, my sister, my brothers (I think!) and though not obvious, our dad. This is actually a gentle tap on our shoulders, reminding us of so many things.


More importantly for me, is of how precious this being called MUM that most of us take for granted.


That Monday, 1 Muharram 1430 Hijrah, as mum came home after 6 days in the hospital, I feel so much for her I pray God give me every means possible to provide for her, and my dad, more than she did for me.


Mak, I love you as I know you love me, too.

Comments

Popular Posts