Jogging shoes in use...

Upon our return from our short 'balik kampung' holiday to Singapore during the recent school holidays, the first outing we did was to a mall to get running shoes for Hanafy. As promised.

Today, 1 July, marks the second time the shoes were worn and for the purpose of the purchase. The first time was last Saturday when we were in Penang to deliver our talk to a few schools there. We stayed at the Gurney Hotel along Persiaran Gurney, fronting the sea and with a wonderful stretch of concrete walkway point to point, connecting the hotel to Gurney Drive, and suitable for avid joggers and brisk walkers alike to partake their interests mornings, evenings or nights.

We brisk walked point to point and back. I am very sure we covered an area of about 4 km in total, judging from the amount of sweat that poured out of our pores. Once we got back to where we started, that is right in front of the hotel, we walked right up the 1 flight of spiral stairway to the coffee house for breakfast. A healthy one, mind you.

Ahhh....I had 2 bowls of their oatmeal and mixed dried fruits in milk plus yogurt, chilled and ready to scoop. Have always wondered how they did the mixture - whenever I tried to concote this tasty serving, it just did not come out the same delicious way! I had a few crackers with cheese. I had coffee and a glass of manggo juice. I had 2 half-boiled eggs, grade C in size.

The Gurney...I am sure their buffet breakfast spread is one of the best I have ever tasted. But then since we have been staying here regularly for the past 3 years, the spread never seemed to change. Not that I am complaining; as long as the oatmeal and mixed dried fruits in milk plus yogurt is there...eemmmmm...

Comments

Popular Posts