Thank you for calling... Really?

Have financial institutions, both local and foreign, lost their flair and drive to serve? Or is this a case of improved technology resulting in poor human skills?

I thought the days of my calls being transferred from one person to another were days of the past when institutions that claimed to put customers first advanced with technology. Sadly, today I was proven wrong.

I have had to dial this particular bank's branch number several times before my calls were answered. The lady who answered my calls kept transferring me to an extension that was never picked up. My ears grew warmer pressed to my mobile phone as this extension continued to ring. And ring. And ring. And ring, unanswered. Shouldn't the person who transferred my call pick it back? I wondered.

Out of frustration, I decided to go on-line and search for their Customer Care number, if that even existed. Well, what do you know, they do have a Customer Care toll free line!

It took a while for that number to be picked up. The lady who answered was professional to her script. She was helpful, nonetheless. However, I did not get what I wanted...for that, I will have to go across the border!

Comments

Popular Posts