Stock take for the day...

Today is one of THOSE...you know, THE day that events don't go as planned or as you want them to.

Came out from the half-day briefing with uncertainty...so many "what ifs", so many "how comes"...am sure there are some news that were not disclosed to all of us. And specifically to those not directly linked to the primary contractor.

While waiting for my transport, was again presented with another uncertain news. This one involved Raziq's (and my parents and brother's) planned trip to Makkah and Medinah for umrah next month. That was upsetting ~ the agency had known of their intentions for a month already, and til now they are still "working on the request...". And now we hear "applying for visas is now a hassle..."...why weren't we told all these when we met them 2 weeks ago?

On the way home, another bummer...an sms from a consultant to inform me that the client had elected to work on their program with the other trainer. I console myself with the thought that perhaps the client had reservations about my capabilities since it has been a while since I had conducted trainings specifically on this topic. But deep inside, I am sure my instinct is correct...it must be my eyes and my nose!

Then at home, a follow-up sms to another consultant proved my suspicion correct ~ yet again, the "sorrylah, the client's budget is small even for a trainer like you, so..." but then, what of the course outline I had submitted? You gave me the assurance that this was a done deal when you asked me for the course outline. The only issue then was the date of training. You had also known what my rates were ever since you asked me for another course outline many months before. So where did this come from???

This has been a very slow moving start to the year in comparison to the hectic helter skelter of last year. I need to take stock of things...I must have not done something right, somewhere along the line...God help me...

Comments

Popular Posts