In a bit...

Good golly miss molly...it has been a long while since I last penned my few cents worth here, hasn't it?

Not that I have not been dropping by; every day or so when I do, I tell myself this is the day I am going to share what's been going on in the past few days...and the days got longer and more spaced out.

I eventually started my field work again, going round the country on business...and before you know it, the country has had a change of leadership (power is too strong a word in this case, for me...and power is almost always associated with abuse. Heck, maybe thats why the media and our leaders kept on using that word! Go figure...)

Anyway, I went for an out-of-the country holiday, and this time am not refering to the usual trip back to Singapore. The children and I went to Indonesia; more specifically to Bandung, Puncak and Jakarta during the 1 week school break. All of 5 days and 4 nights. And we flew on Garuda Airlines. Which means, we went through KLIA, real international travel, if you ask me.

We had a ball - the sightseing, the hospitality, the food, the excitement and of course, the shopping.

We all felt like millionaires; you would too, if everytime you spend, you have to take out their currency in the thousands and millions. And usually when you convert the price of an item back to Ringgit, and you realised how much lower priced that item is in our home country, a sudden rush of guilt envelopes you - even then you still haggle with the seller for a much bigger discount!

Ah, well...I need to re-install my bluetooth thingy in this laptop so I could download the pictures taken on my hand-phone. Then we'll share more of that. Meanwhile, we'll chat on other issues...in a bit.

Comments

Popular Posts